Date(s) - 20/04/2018 - 23/04/2018
Capel Curig Training Camp
This course is open to CFAV’s from the ACF and CCF. ATC and SCC adult bids are welcome on a fill up basis.
The MT Hill & Moorland Leader Training (H&MLT) is a 3 day training course.
Prior to applying for a training course candidates must have attained the following pre-course standards:
• You must be registered on the scheme through Mountain Training.
• You must have recorded a minimum of 20 Quality Hillwalking Days on appropriate terrain (on DLOG) which can have taken place at any point (pre- or post-registration)
The prerequisites for registration are as follows:
• You must be at least 18 years old
• You should have at least a year’s worth of experience of hill walking
• You should have an interest in leading groups in the hills
• You must be a member of a mountaineering council: BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland (you can join one when you register if you’re not already a member)
If you can tick all of the above boxes, here’s what to do next:
• Create an account on the MT Candidate Management System or log in if you already have one.
• Register for the Hill and Moorland Leader scheme (this costs £44)
To apply, we require an electronic application inputting onto Westminster, also a hard copy CCAT application fully completed, signed and authorised by the Unit/School sent to CCAT with the course payment before we can accept an applicant on a course. The personal contribution for this course is £40. Course payments will not be refunded for any cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course commencing.