Date(s) - 04/11/2016 - 08/11/2016
Capel Curig Training Camp
Categories No Categories
This course is open to CFAV’s from the ACF and CCF (Army) section. ATC and SCC bids are welcome on a fill up basis.
The BCU UKCC Level 2 Coach is a 4-day Training course. Candidates must be water confident and be able to swim 25mts wearing a Buoyancy Aid.
It is not discipline specific and is relevant to coaches who wish to coach any paddlesport discipline in a sheltered water environment. The Level 2 Coach will typically work with paddlers at any stage of their development; receiving specific training to coach paddlers in their first 2-3 years of activity. On completion of the Training course candidates will be given an action plan to further develop their skills, knowledge and experience in preparation for a 2-day BCU UKCC level 2 Coach assessment.
Candidates must have the following pre-requisites to attend this course:
• Have full comprehensive membership with the BCU £42.00
• Hold BCU 2 and 3 star awards and either a second 3 star in an alternative craft or a BCU foundation module and have 3 star level skills in a second discipline.
• Completed BCU UKCC Level 1 in Paddlesport or old BCU Level 2 training
• Completed Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
• Registered with their Home Nation at a personal cost of £39 (NGB Canoe England, SCA, WCA, CANI), have an authorised CR Form and the Level 2 Coach workbook prior to commencing the course.
• NGB registration should be done at least 3-4 weeks prior to the course commencing
• Candidates can not complete this training course without the relevant BCU documentation.
The personal contribution for this course is £40; bids will not be accepted until the course fee has been received. Personal contributions will not be refunded for any cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course commencing.
There will be 12 vacancies on this course.