Date(s) - 03/06/2022 - 05/06/2022
Capel Curig Training Camp
British Cycling Fundamentals Course
Together with Scottish Cycling and experts in the outdoor industry, we have developed a course that combines online learning with face-to-face training and assessment to give you all the skills you need to lead mountain bike rides. The course is ideal for anyone who wants to lead groups using mixed road and off-road environments. This might include rides that are already taking place but require development and insurance, or perhaps you are looking to organise activity for your school, college, activity centre – or simply a group of friends. Your remit would be to lead on terrain that ranges from the urban fringe and gravel tracks through to open countryside, woodland and most trail centre blue routes.
What does the course include?
• 3-4 hours of e-learning via British Cycling Learning.
• 16 hours (2-days) training and assessment course with a British Cycling Accredited Provider.
What do I need to be able to register for the course with British Cycling (cost £30.00):
• You must be able to ride a mountain bike (or another appropriate bike for the terrain) comfortably on roads with some traffic, off-road and mountain bike trails up to blue grade, be regularly riding and have an appropriate level of fitness.
• Complete a logbook to evidence your recent rides. We recommend a minimum of ten rides of at least 1 hour and five rides of at least 2.5 hours duration (inclusive alternatives are available by request) over the last six months. We have a downloadable Logbook that can be saved electronically or printed if needed.
What else do I need to do to achieve the Award?
In order for your award to be accredited in addition to successful completion of your Fundamentals of Mountain Bike Leadership, you are required to:
• Hold British Cycling Membership of Ride level or above (cost £44.00).
• Attend and evidence a two-day (16hour) outdoor First Aid course.
• Evidence safeguarding training.