Date(s) - 30/09/2018 - 05/10/2018
Capel Curig Training Camp
This course is open to CFAV’s from the ACF and CCF. ATC and SCC bids are welcome on a fill up basis. The minimum age is 18.
The Mountain Leader assessment is 5 days long and includes a two night expedition. The ML is ideally suited for mountaineers that wish to lead groups in mountainous and remote country.
Prior to applying for the assessment course candidates must have attained the following pre-course standards:
• You must have attended a Mountain Leader training course (or have been granted exemption)
• You must be familiar with the syllabus.
• You must have logged a minimum of 40 Quality Mountain Days in three different regions of the UK and Ireland (on the Candidate Management system DLOG).
• You must hold a current first aid certificate, minimum 16 hours and relevant to your work as a Mountain Leader.
• You must have logged at least 8 nights camping, including at least 4 nights wild camping.
To apply, candidates are to complete a CCAT Course application; this along with the course fee is to be sent to the candidate’s ACF County HQ or CCF Contingent HQ for authorisation and for the bid to be placed on WESTMINSTER. Candidates are to ensure the course application is clearly legible and completed in full. The personal contribution for this course is £40. Course payments will not be refunded for any cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course commencing.